Are you frustrated with the limitations of your WordPress website? Do you find yourself wishing there was a way to expand its capabilities without investing in costly customization and development? If so, then this blog post is for you! We'll be exploring seven clever Wordpress hacks that will allow you to get more out of your existing website - no coding experience necessary. These tweaks range from simple tricks to boost accessibility and engagement all the way to advanced techniques that require an extra bit of digging into settings. No matter what type of Wordpress user you are, this guide from Thrive Digital Marketing Agency will have something for everyone looking to maximize their site’s potential. So let's get started by diving into our first hack: improving page loading speeds!
Image source: pexels.com
- Improving Page Loading Speeds: A lot of times, websites have to sacrifice the speed at which they load in order to keep up with the ever-increasing demands of modern web design. However, it doesn’t have to be this way! With a few simple tweaks, you can drastically reduce your page loading speeds while still maintaining a great looking website and user experience. For example, one of the most effective ways to improve page loading speed is by reducing or completely removing any unnecessary plugins that might be dragging your site down. Additionally, you can optimize images by compressing them and using caching techniques such as W3 Total Cache to save static content and quickly serve it up when requested.
- Automating Post Scheduling: Wordpress does offer post scheduling capabilities natively in its dashboard, but sometimes you need a little more control. This is where the Automatic Post Scheduler (APS) plugin comes in! This powerful plugin allows you to create and schedule posts with greater precision and accuracy than ever before. You can easily set up your posts so they are automatically published at specific times or intervals throughout the day. Additionally, APS also provides options for customizing how often your content gets shared on different social media platforms, allowing you to maximize reach and engagement.
- Creating Custom Layouts: Custom layouts give websites a truly unique look that makes them stand out from the competition - something that Wordpress doesn’t provide out of the box. Wordpress Web Design Company LA shares that creating custom layouts on Wordpress no longer requires you to be a coding whiz! With powerful page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder and Divi Builder now available, anyone can easily create their own stunning page designs in minutes. These page builders also come with an array of modules and templates that make creating complex yet visually appealing pages a breeze.
- Securing Your Site: Security is essential for any website and it should never be overlooked or taken lightly. Thankfully, Wordpress offers plenty of options for protecting your site from malicious attacks such as installing security plugins like Sucuri or Wordfence. Both of these plugins are easy to set up and come with tons of features such as malware scanning and two-factor authentication. Additionally, you should also ensure that your website is running on a secure web hosting provider and make sure all plugins are up to date with the latest security patches.
- Enhancing SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) can make or break your website’s success, so it’s important to take extra steps to optimize your site for the best possible visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). Wordpress has several built-in SEO tools that can help you get started such as including meta titles and descriptions for posts and pages. Additionally, there are plenty of SEO plugins available such as Yoast SEO or All in One SEO Pack that allow you to further fine-tune optimization settings and get the most out of your SEO efforts. You can also add a Google Review Widget to your site which also enhances your visibility online, like what SEO does.
- Adding a CDN: Content delivery networks (CDNs) are essential for websites these days, especially those with large amounts of traffic or visitors from around the world. These networks allow you to quickly serve up content such as images and videos regardless of where users are located, reducing load times and ensuring consistency in the user experience. While Wordpress doesn’t offer a native CDN solution, there are plenty of services available that can easily be integrated into your site such as Cloudflare or KeyCDN.
- Leveraging Social Media: Social media has become an integral part of any website’s success in recent years, so it’s important to make sure your site is optimized for social sharing. Fortunately, adding social media features to Wordpress can be done quickly and easily with plugins such as Social Warfare or Monarch. These plugins allow you to add attractive social media buttons that encourage visitors to share your content on different platforms and help you reach a wider audience.
By tweaking and hacking the standard Wordpress setup in these seven ways, it's possible to significantly improve the performance of any website while also making it more eye-catching and engaging for users. With just a little bit of effort, you can take your website from good to great!