Owing to organ scarcity and lesser number of donors, the demand for tissue engineering and organ reconstruction has increased notably; as a result, the adoption of advanced 4D bioprinting technology is anticipated to increase over the coming years
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “4D Bioprinting Market, 2023-2035” report to its list of offerings.
4D bioprinting which involves the fourth spatio-temporal frame has diverse applications, including its use in drug regeneration and dynamic bio-constructs which can alter their shape with time. It has proven to be beneficial for research and development in the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Presently, several players having dedicated facilities, cutting-edge machinery, and production lines, are engaged in the development of 4D bioprinters and smart biomaterials. In addition to the ability to morph, structures from 4D printing, have the ability to self-repair and can adapt to various environmental changes.
Key Market Insights
Currently, close to 60% of the 4D bioprinters are commercially available in the market
Of these, over 45% of the 4D bioprinters are based on laser-based technology, followed by products based on polymer-based technology (20%). Further, about 60% of the 4D bioprinters use polymer as a biomaterial.
Around 40% of the players developing smart biomaterials, are headquartered in Europe
The market is currently dominated by the presence of large players (57%); of these, interestingly all the players have been established before 1980. Interestingly 68% of smart biomaterials developed in Europe are made up of polymers; of these close to 55% have already been commercialized.
Publications related to the 4D bioprinting domain have been observed to grow at a CAGR of 130%, since 2016
Around 55% of the articles focused on 4D bioprinting were research articles, of these, more than 20% of the publications have been published in 2022. Further, popular journals that have published multiple articles include Polymers, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, and Micromachines Gels.
Europe and Asia-Pacific are anticipated to capture a larger share (53%) of the market, by 2035
In addition, in terms of type of technology, the market is anticipated to be primarily driven by the laser-based technology capturing more than 35% of the market. Further, biomedical applications are expected to occupy a larger segment, sharing around 65% of the overall market, by 2035.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit
Key Questions Answered
- What is meant by 4D Bioprinting?
- How does 4D bioprinting work?
- What are the benefits of 4D Bioprinting?
- Who are the leading developers of 4D bioprinters and smart biomaterials?
- Which is the hub of 4D bioprinter and smart biomaterial developers?
- What is the relative competitiveness of different 4D bioprinter and smart biomaterial developers?
- What is the relative competitiveness of different 4D bioprinters?
- What are the strengths and threats for the developers engaged in the 4D bioprinting industry?
- What is the focus of various publications related to 4D bioprinting?
- What is the current / future market of 4D bioprinting?
The financial opportunity within the 4D bioprinting market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Technology
- Extrusion-based Technology
- Laser-based Technology
- Inkjet-based Technology
- Application Area
- Biomedical Applications
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Academic Research and Development
- Other end-users
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
The opinions and insights presented in this report were also influenced by discussions held with eminent stakeholders in this industry. The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following industry stakeholders:
- Suhridh Sundaram (Chief Operating Officer, Avay Biosciences)
- Preethem Srinath (Doctoral Candidate, CURAM)
- Sam Onukuri (Independent Consultant)
The research also includes profiles of key players (listed below) engaged in developing 4D bioprinters and smart biomaterials; each profile features an overview of the company, financial information (if available), details on product portfolio, recent developments, and an informed future outlook.
- DirectSync Surgical
- ROKIT Healthcare
- VIVAX BIO
For additional details, please visit
or email [email protected]
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Smart Labels Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035
- AI-based Digital Pathology / AI Pathology Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is a global leader in the pharma / biotech market research. Having worked with over 750 clients worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academia, venture capitalists and strategic investors for more than a decade, we offer a highly analytical / data-driven perspective to a network of over 450,000 senior industry stakeholders looking for credible market insights.
+1 (415) 800 3415